2008 Olympic Team Member (Gymnastics)
- Lodging in one of 16 shared athlete cabins
- 3 daily Paleo friendly meals
- Morning Yoga
- +30 CEU's in the CrossFit® Continuing Education Program
- Field trip to CrossFit Mayhem
Home of 4x CrossFit Champion Rich Froning
- Access to all stations and seminars
- Rings w/ Duke Van Vleet and Kevin Montoya
- Handstands with Dave Durante
- Snatch w/ Mike Cerbus and Vernon Potao
- Squat w/ Jodi Vaughn and Vanessa McCoy
- Endurance w/ Chris Hinshaw and Tiffeny Parker
- Basic Tumbling w/ Maddy Curley and Dan Melzar
- Jump Rope w/ Dave Newman, Joe Craig and Tim Adkins
- Bars w/ Rupert Egan and Shane DeFreitas
- Rowing w/ Rika Geyser and Ryan McCarthy
- Clean & Jerk w/ Chad Vaughn
- Elite Programming w/ Jason Leydon, CF Milford Coach/Owner-2nd Place Team 2015 CrossFit Games
- Competitive Excellence w/ Ben Bergeron, CF New England Coach/Owner
- Injury Rehab & prevention w/ Dan Pope and Dave Tilley, DPT at Champion
- Overcoming Obstacles Seminar w/ Julie Foucher
- Kettlebell seminar w/ Jeff Martone
- Trampoline demo by US Olympian Steven Gluckstein
Train with the World's top Athletes!
Flip Fest Gymnastics Camp
- 30,000 sq ft of gym space
- 150 acres of outdoor space including hiking and running trails, a lake, and a rope adventure course
- Activities include trampolines, basketball and volleyball courts, canoes, paddleboards, laser tag, campfires, a cornhole tournament, and more
- Wifi available throughout Camp
- When should I arrive?
- How do I get there?
- What are the driving directions?
- What is the food like?
- Can you tell me more about the competition?
- Will there be any open gym time?
- Are minors under 18 allowed?
- Do you offer any discounts?
- Do you offer refunds?
- What does a day at Power Monkey Camp look like?
- What level or type of athlete do I need to be to participate at Camp?
- Where can I hear more info?
- Will I get a Certificate?
- If I am injured can I still come to Camp?
- What are the accommodations like?
Athletes should schedule to arrive at Camp between 2pm - 3:30pm on Sunday May 6th, and leave on the morning of Saturday May 12th by 10am.
An airport shuttle from Nashville airport (BNA) will be provided for additional fee. The shuttle will depart Nashville airport at 1pm at Sunday, May 6th. Please schedule your flight to arrive the morning of the 6th before noon. Shuttle pick up will be outside of ground transportation on the lowest level. The shuttle will leave Camp on Saturday May 12th at 7:30am and arrive at BNA airport at approximately 9:30am.
Please book flights with these times in mind if you are using our shuttle services. If you are traveling a long distance, consider staying the night before arrival day in Nashville or an airport hotel. If these shuttle times don't work with your flight, consider renting a car instead of using our shuttle services.
Crossville, Tennessee, is located one hour west of Knoxville and one and a half hours east of Nashville off Interstate 40. Campers can fly into the Nashville airport or Knoxville airport.
We offer shuttle service (additional fee) to and from the Nashville, TN airport (BNA) on May 6th, returning on May 12th, 2018. Please schedule flights to arrive the morning of May 6th to arrive into Nashville airport (BNA) before noon, (Shuttle leaves BNA at 1pm) and plan on arriving at Camp before 3:30pm (Camp is 1:45 min from BNA). Shuttles will return campers to the Nashville (BNA) airport the morning of Saturday the 12th, with the shuttle leaving Camp at 7:30am (9:30am arrival at BNA).
Take I-40 to Exit 320, Genesis Road. Turn left onto Genesis Road. Drive about four miles, until you come to a split in the road. Fork to the right onto Lake Frances Road. Go about a 1/4 of a mile and you will see the entrance to Lake Frances.
Take I-40 to Exit 320, Genesis Road. Turn right onto Genesis Road. Drive about four miles, until you come to a split in the road. Fork to the right onto Lake Frances Road. Go about a 1/4 of a mile and you will see the entrance to Lake Frances.
Our chef Rosie Jo prepares 3 substantial meals daily, with paleo and non-paleo options available. A full salad bar is available at every meal. Snacks are also available in between arranged meals in the Camp store.
At the end of the week is a fun team competition where the groups that have trained together throughout the week will go head to head. Participation is optional. Prizes will be awarded to the first place team. The competition is programmed by Jason Leydon from CrossFit Milford.
Open gym is available in the evenings in order to work on problem areas, perform a WOD, or experiment with new training apparatus like the Ring Thing, parallel bars, trampolines, and foam pit.
Participants aged 16-18 may attend must be accompanied by an adult attendee.
Yes, we offer a 10% discount for Military personnel. We also offer a 10% discount to teams/gyms with 5 or more attendees. Please contact us for the discount code.
Full payment is due upon registration. 50% can be refunded up to 30 days before Camp. Less than 30 days before Camp no refunds will be provided.
- 6:00 am - Yoga (optional)
- 7:00 am - Breakfast
- 8:00 am - Group Warm Up
- 9:00 am - Training Session 1
- 11:10 am - Training Session 2
- 1:15 pm - Lunch
- 2:00 pm - Free Time
- 3:00 pm - Training Session 3
- 5:00 pm - Seminar/ Special Guest Demonstration
- 6:30 pm - Dinner
- 8:00 pm - Movement Assessment Seminar/Open Gym
- 10:00 pm - Campfire
Power Monkey Camp is designed for athletes of ALL levels and abilities. Campers range from complete novices to CrossFit Games competitors, all who find the PM Camp experience to be an extremely valuable one.
The stations are all presented from a foundational level with a focus on mastering correct technique. At the beginning of the week, you will be placed in a small group of varying levels of experience. You might be in a group of people from all different countries, ages and fitness levels. Working closely with your small group creates a supportive environment, providing a source of encouragement if you come across any areas of weakness.
Every day there is open gym time where participants can to work one-on-one with our elite coaching staff. You can expect to walk away from Camp with new training drills, an analysis of your movement patterns, an understanding of moving with correct technique, tips on injury prevention and mental training; all straight from some of the top sports clinicians and our team of world-class coaches. The environment at camp is very supportive and is beneficial no matter where you are in your athletic pursuits!
Check out this podcast from Barbell Shrugged for a more extensive look at the camp experience:
Yes you will get a certificate from Power Monkey Fitness, accrediting you with 30 hours of CEU's by CrossFit's continuing education program.
Camp has a heavy focus on injury prevention and rehabilitation. We have had a number of participants in the past who have had various injuries, restrictions and adaptive needs. Working with our team of Physical Therapist's and movement specialist can be a great resource in your journey to training pain free. You will learn how to analyze movement patterns through assessments, integrate rehab techniques and tools for applying these methods into your training regiment. Its also worth noting that a number of our lectures and seminars do not require physical participation and are just as valuable as a spectator.
All of the cabins available are with other athletes (true summer camp style!!). Men and women will be sleeping in separate cabins. We unfortunately cannot accommodate private rooms. If you would prefer to stay off site, you are welcome to book your own accommodation. The nearby Hampton Inn is offering a discounted rate of $105/night if you mention "Power Monkey Camp" when booking. With this option you'd be responsible for your transportation to and from camp to the hotel. Part of the fun of Camp is staying on campus, we usually don't recommend staying off site, but as a last resort if need be.