Join this 1-day Gymnastics Clinic led by Team Power Monkey coach DAVE DURANTE.
Dates: June 5th, 2021 / 9:00 AM - 6:00 PM
All levels (beginner to advanced) are welcome to join and will benefit from this opportunity to immerse into such holistic and applicable knowledge in the sport of Gymnastics and its transfer into functional fitness.
Learn how to build your technique and maximize your efficiency in Handstands, Bar Work, and Ring Work. Signature Monkey Method® drills and techniques will be introduced and put into practice during individualized and progressive skill sessions.
GYMNASTICS CLINIC SCHEDULE
Morning Session 9:00am - 12:30pm
- Overall Movement Philosophy and Gymnastics Hierarchy of Skill Development
- Shoulder/wrist health and basic warm up
- Assessment into stretches/corrective exercises
Handstand Development and Technique
- Handstand triumvirate and partner/spotting technique
- HSPU positioning for maximum potential, scaling options
- Handstand walking progressions and spotting technique
-- LUNCH BREAK 12:30pm - 1:30pm --
Afternoon Session 1:30pm - 5:30pm
- Proper hang technique
- Strict pull breakdown
- Kipping mechanics
- Bar Muscle Up discussion and spotting techniques
- Toes to Bar discussion
- Complete breakdown of muscle up mechanics and common errors
- Strict Muscle Up
- Ring swing mechanics
- Kipping Muscle Up
- RING THING® demo and discussion
Closing Q&A, Certificates, Pictures 5:30pm - 6:00pm
"Covid wise we just require masks to enter and exit the building! We do temp checks and sign ins once in the building"